‘Friends of Nano’ share the spirituality, charism, vision and mission of the Presentation Sisters congregation founded by Nano Nagle. This is a Spirituality of ‘being communion’, a spirituality that seeks God in the interconnectedness of all creation and that promotes active love for self, God, others and all of nature. This is expressed by finding creative ways to further its mission of doing justice in the way of Jesus, of working towards peace on earth and of upholding the integrity of creation. The desire to live compassionately and to respond to the needs of our times is still a very powerful one.
Today, Nano Nagle continues to inspire people around the world. Women and men of various cultures, languages, races, faith traditions, and age levels are catching the spark of Nano’s spirituality and charism, her vision and mission. Inspired by the spirit of Nano, they form groups in their own local areas.
A Development Officer Opportunity
The Presentation Sisters aim “to continue to invite people to carry the flame of Nano Nagle creatively into the future” (Congregational Direction Statement, 2018).
The Development Officer for Friends of Nano/Presentation Lay Movement (FON) will develop, manage, and deliver the operational elements of the full range of actions required to advance the Presentation Lay Movement.
Applications are invited for this two-year part-time position which reports to the Link Sister – Presentation Sisters North East Province.
Responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the formulation of an organisational development plan.
- Organise and participate in an annual gathering and other activities of Friends of Nano/Associate groups.
- Motivate, support, and promote the development of groups at local level.
- Undertake necessary administration and follow up to support group development process and prospective planning.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A postgraduate qualification with an interest or experience in one or more of the following: Spirituality, Pastoral Care, Chaplaincy or Faith Development.
- Good level knowledge of the history, charism, and current direction of the Presentation Sisters.
- Knowledge of lay spirituality movements.
- Competent IT skills, including social media, newsletter distribution and website development.
- Full clean driving licence and ownership of car for travel to Friends of Nano/Associate groups.
- Proven ability in planning, implementing, and managing budgets
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a highly interactive, faith-based environment.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team and meet goals within agreed timeframes.
See also pdf of Job Advertisement Friends of Nano Advert 2022
See also About Friends of Nano
To find out about Ven. Nano Nagle see https://presentationsistersne.ie/nano-nagle-the-life-and-the-legacy/