The North East and South West Provinces in Ireland, together with the English Province have established an Inter-provincial Justice Desk (Autumn 2016). The Director of this Justice Desk, Mr. Brian O’Toole provides the communication link between the Provinces and the International Presentation Association, a global network of Presentation Sisters which has NGO status at the United Nations.
A two-way correspondence between local concern and commitment, on the one hand, and the Global Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation (JPIC) agenda on the other, is thereby maintained.
The services of the Inter-provincial Justice Desk support the work of the Provincial Commissions and Groups in promoting research and action for Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation (JPIC) by the three Provinces.
Justice Desk Noticeboard
Monthly information updates from Brian at the Inter-provincial Justice desk can be accessed at this link HERE
Preparing for General Election 2020 – Ireland
In order to prepare for engagement with canvassers for local candidates running for the current election on the 8th February 2020, please avail of a useful and extensive compilation of resources compiled by Brian O’Toole, with material drawn from a broad range of organisations. Thank you, Brian. See HERE
- Housing / Rent / Housing Lists
- Climate Change / Climate Emergency
- National Childcare Scheme.
- Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Biodiversity Emergency.
- Direct Provision and treatment of Refugees / Asylum Seekers.
- Child and Adult Mental Heath Services (CAMHS). Poorly Funded and uneven spread of services throughout the country.
- School Secretaries (two tier group).
- People forced onto Means- Tested Job Seekers at 65 years of age when forced to retire (as per company policy) whilst their State Pension won’t kick in until they become 67 years of age.
- Rural Broadband.
- Public Transport.
- Abolition of the Universal Social Charge.
- Moving Towards 0.7% of GNI Overseas Development Aid (ODA).
- Allowing for homes to sell electricity generated by their own solar panels back to the grid (Micro-Generation).
Brain O’Toole can be contacted as follows:
Presentation Sisters Justice Desk
Ireland and England,
Room 14 St. Patrick’s Hall,
Marino Institute of Education,
Contact phone no: 089 2085253 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org